Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Shaker End Table

This is my most recent project.  It is a shaker style end table based on the one shown in How to Build Shaker Furniture by Tom Moser.  I altered the dimensions so that the top is larger at 22"x22" and the carcass enlarged proportionally.  The height is also shortened to 22".



As you can see I also changed the drawer front to curly maple and I used a satin nickel knob rather than a turned cherry knob.


The primary wood is cherry, the drawer front is curly maple, the drawer sides and back are poplar and the drawer bottom is pine.

For the finish I started with 1 coat of tung oil, followed by two coats of garnet shellac.  Finally, I coated it with 3 coats of General Arm-r-Seal satin.



I am very pleased with the way this has turned out, so much so I am currently working on this tables twin.


No comments:

Post a Comment